Almost 2 years ago I wrote a post about my favorite things, which includes VT Football, Theo Chocolate, some fancy new lip gloss, , my rainbow flip flops, and the iPhone that I had yet to even get. I figured it was high time for a update on some things that I’m loving lately and can’t seem to live without. First let me say that I got that iPhone and I’m not going to list it in this post, but let me just say I LOVE it and it’s definitely something I can’t live without, which is sad, but true.
1. CRUNKY! This magical (and yes folks it’s truly magical) “ball chocolate” candy that I smuggled back from Korea is quite possibly the greatest 390 calories of sweets I’ve ever eaten. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner…I would glady supplement any of all of these meals with a can of Crunky! If only I could find a place here in Seattle that sells it, I’ll even settle for it in bar form at this point. $100 reward to anyone in Seattle who can find a place that sells this, seriously, no joke. Yes, it is impossible to type “Crunky!” without the exclamation point, it’s just that awesomely fabtastically magical.
2. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. This stuff, although not magical like Crunky!, is still pretty fabulous. Like chapstick but with a hint of color, but good sheer color. I rotate between the Pink Blossom and Rose tints, but might end up with every color if I don’t stay out of the Burt’s Bees aisle on my next Target trip.
3. My apartment. It’s been a while since I lived in an apartment that I truly loved. I still miss my homey little townhouse style place in Alexandria, VA, but I must say, this apartment which I’ve been in for almost a year now is great. How can you not love this view…
The roofdesk is fabulous, and I honestly just love it. Good thing too since I already extended my lease for another year! Sorry mover guys who I promised beer to if you saw me for a 4 year in a row, not gonna happen.
4. Apple. What can this company make that I don’t want to purchase? I got my iphone, I got a MacBook Pro (which I love, love, love), I’m even jonesing for an iPad even though it does the same exact things that my iPhone and MacBook can do, but I still want one, I must have one! Even their support products have won me over. At the Army Exchange in Korea I finally bit the bullet and bought an Airport Express and this little bad boy hasn’t let me down yet. Used it to have wireless in my hotel room in Korea and now loving that I can be anywhere in range, hit play on my itunes or my iphone and music plays through the big speakers. Seriously Apple…make a product that I won’t buy & love, I dare you!
5. Norehbang – better known as “Korean-Style” Karaoke. I am completely obsessed with this type of private-room karaoke where you can literally sing the entire time you’re there. I mean, sure I’ll head to a regular karaoke bar, but then I hang out for hours and hours just waiting and hoping to sing the one song I was able to submit into the see of others. Why would I do that when I can go into a private room with friends and sing for hours on end with no interruption? There is no reason, exactly! This past Friday I found out there is a Norehbang right here in Seattle! Thank goodness it’s a cab ride away and not walkable otherwise I’m fairly certain I would just move in, but if you’re wondering where I am on any given night, chance are pretty good you’re gonna find me here. (they call it Japanese-style, but we all know it’s the same thing).
So there you have it…my list of must haves recently. Of course like last time I could go on and on for days, talking about things like Chipotle, my Kindle, Ferry Rides, the fact that a Potbelly Sandwich Works just opened up in Seattle, but I’ll leave you without all those details. But once again… let’s bask in the best thing in my life as always…..cutest little dog ever!