Well, looks like I missed June-uary and only caught a glimpse of July-uary before summer finally decided to make it’s way to Seattle. I couldn’t have timed my return from Korea any better. The sun has been shining, the breeze has been blowing, and the roof deck has been getting used frequently. It’s good to live in Seattle in the summertime. With that said, the coming months are beginning to stack up to lots of travelling, just like most Falls for me, and I’ve finally decided that I really like to travel.
Sure, who doesn’t love to be in the comfort of their own home, but after a couple weeks I’m ready to hop back on a plane and explore someplace new, if only I could take Lane with me then it would be perfect. I mentioned to a co-worker today that I’d love to live the lifestyle like George Clooney‘s character in the movie Up In The Air (On a side note: Who doesn’t want to be like George Clooney in any movie, or real life? That guy is awesome. If I were a dude I’d want to be just like him). Then I thought, maybe one month on, one month off. Yes, that would be perfect. Travel all over for 1 month, then get to spend a whole month at home, then travel again. I’d be happy with that and I think it would satisfy my ADD-“I’m bored every other day”-personality.
Over the past 12 months I’ve done a reasonable amount of travelling. I know plenty of people who travel more than I do, but I know people who travel less, so I’d say I have a good balance. Places I’ve been over the past 12 months…
- Knoxville, TN for a week long business trip.
- Washington, DC for some family time and of course Hokie Football!
- El Paso, TX for another week long business trip.
- San Francisco, CA: for a girls weekend.
- Sacramento, CA to work for a week in our office there.
- Virginia Beach, VA a quick trip to drop the dog off before heading on the next trip, and included a little side trip to Blacksburg, VA for some VT football of course.
- Seoul/Pyeongtaek, South Korea! Yeah, this was my first time in Asia and if it isn’t evident by the numerous previous blog posts I totally fell in love with Korea.
- Virginia Beach, VA gotta head home for the Holidays
- Virginia Beach, VA again…a mere 22 hours on the ground to drop my dog off before supposedly heading back to Korea.
- Virginia Beach, VA again…Korea trip got cancelled, but the dog was in VA so I spent 2 weeks living and working from my parents house, it was relaxing and stifling at the same time. I love my parents but have no desire to live at home ever again. This also included a little side trip up to Arlington, VA for one night, but totally worth it.
- Phoenix, AZ for what I wish I could say this was a pleasure trip, but it wasn’t. (I miss you Grandpa.)
- San Ramon, CA for another business trip, just 4 days.
- Napa Valley, CA since I was already in San Ramon, convincing the sister to come down and meet me for a fabulous weekend of drinking wine in Napa wasn’t really that hard.
- Seoul/Pyeongtaek, South Korea got to go back to Korea I went for another 8 weeks. Squeezed in a little side trip to Jeju Island over the 4th of July weekend.